I'm not gonna let the long weekend pass by without doing some riding. I decided to go on a solo bike ride to Boracay... Actually, my initial plan was to go to Lubang Island. I'll tell you more about it later. I left our house in Novaliches exactly 6:45am. The plan was to leave at dawn but my alarm clock didn't seem to cooperate. I'm headed towards Batangas Port. The ride going to there was uneventful, bought something to eat when I feel like eating, take CR breaks at gas stations when I needed to go.. you know... :D I just loved every moment I was pedaling. Uphill, downhill, loose, soft, slushy, I loved it all. The cold wind on a sunny day was something I really enjoyed. I guess that's one of the beauty of riding solo. You ride at your own pace. Like they say, Riding with friends is good for the heart, riding solo is good for the soul. ... I got to Batangas port at around 4pm. I asked around where I can buy a boat ticket going to Lubang Island when my pho...
After my wife saw this episode on Poptalk, she demanded that we pay Mr. Suzuki, a Japanese cruise ship chef of 20 years, a visit. We searched the net for directions. We found out that it is located along Hermosa St. corner Clemente St in Tondo. Took out OVI Maps and looked for the best route going there. It's really easy to find. We got there around 1pm but they won't open till 5pm. So we went somewhere else to kill time then went back around 6:30pm. We were shocked to see so many people waiting in line. Some had been waiting as early as 4pm. And so we waited. Mr. Suzuki's team only consist of him, his wife, a helper and the order taker. So taking care of an order will really take a while. So we waited. Costumers who wanted to try Mr Suzuki's cooking keeps pouring in but they stopped taking orders by 8pm. There's a battle in the kitchen. Everyone who's waiting for their food just watched in awe as Mr Suzuki prepares the dishes. Our food arrived just before 11pm,...
The ride started with a favorable weather. Everything seems to be great and uneventful until we got to Kinabuan falls. It began to rain...hard. The river's water level turned the calm currents into raging torrents. Crossing rivers to get back to our vehicles became a difficult, if not impossible, task. Needles to say, we got to the nearest Barangay after traversing dark, narrow, steep, mountainous and muddy tropical jungle carrying our mountain bikes at 7:00 p.m. The leeches, large ants and spiky foliage made it even more unforgettable. The locals advised us to wait until the water subside and just spend the night at the Barangay Hall. The people there were very accommodating, they provided us with a bathroom with clean water and a place to sleep. They also assured us that our bikes are safe from thieves. We are still worried about not being able to inform our loved ones about our current status because of the non-existence of mobile phone signal. ...
Comments