My new SYM DD

New year, New Bike! My first bike was a Honda Dio 50cc. This is where I got my love for biking. I learned so much technical stuff and had a lot of "first" with this bike. I really miss riding the small and nimble bike thats why I decided to get a new scoot. I was hunting for a Honda DIO2 but ended up with a SYM DD. The one I got came from Bacoor Cavite, the owner decided to sell the DD because of a medical emergency. I didn't haggle with their asking price because I know its going to be a big help to them.

My friend Tony, helped me get the scoot from Cavite. We rode pillion going there. When we got to SM Bacoor I sent Alain, the seller, an SMS... a few minutes later, Alain arrived on his Kymco Super 8. He lead the way going to his place to checked the bike. Papers OK, Bike looks OK... SOLD.

On our way home, Tony rode my Kymco People and I took the SYM DD. We had a smooth ride till we got to Roxas blvd. The SYM DD's engine died on me while trying to make its 50cc engine reach 100kph. I was able to push it up to 90kph before it went kaput! The People 150 towed the DD back to Novaliches. It was a slow ride but thankfully we got home safe.

The Honda DIO and Sym DD handles the same and has the same engine parts thats why I'm not worried about the parts' availability. Took it to my buddy, Jong, to have it fixed. Just as I suspected, the engine siezed. Jong shopped for a surplus block, new piston set, new pulley, set of rollers, spark plugs and clutch springs. He got the scoot running after a couple of hours. It now runs great and the vibration generated by the worn off pulley was gone.

I'm going to update its registration tommorow so I can legally take it anywhere. I'm really enjoying this scoot. Twist and Go!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solo Bike Ride from QC to Boracay

Condom-nation!